This section includes the following tools:
- Police Record Check Policy: This policy reflects JHSO’s philosophy and values, and to give applicants and partners a clear understanding of when Record Checks should be performed and by whom, and what they should be used for.
- How to Read a Criminal Record: This tool is meant to assist in the interpretation of police record check results.
- Record Check Assessment Tool: A two-step tool that organizations can use to help determine whether to perform a record check.
- Vulnerable Sector Assessment Tool: This tool is designed to help organizations identify positions for which they might want to request a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- On the Record: A link is also provided to our seminal information guides on creating inclusive and rights-respecting hiring policies.
- PRCRA Guide: An overview of the Police Record Check Reform Act.
- PRCRA Factsheet for Requestors: A guideline for requestors (employers) on the new Police Record Check Reform Act.