The main goal of this resource manual is to contribute to the development of volunteer programs through:
- Building organizational capacity by bringing together resources and best practices for those organizations interested in developing robust and inclusive volunteer programs.
- Providing new tools and ideas that can assist organizations in the management, creation and enhancement of inclusive volunteer
- Providing organizations with information and tools on Criminal Record Checks as a way to promote more inclusive volunteer programs for individuals with previous experience with the justice system.
There are a number of resources made available along with the report including;
- Police Record Check Policy
- Assessment tools
- How to Read a Criminal Record